Sunday, September 16, 2007

Golden Mile Claypot Rice

Was craving for some traditional-style of claypot rice, yet Mom seldom prepares for us now. Remembered during the younger days, I was always delighted when she mentioned about making claypot rice for us after school. She does it the cantonese way, and I simply love it. I'm glad that she's a pure cantonese, which I'm able to taste all the yummilicious cantonese double-boiled soups and dishes even till now.

Tried one of the stalls that was being mentioned by a Flogger (Food Blogger). The Golden Mile Claypot Rice. Read that we might gonna' wait at least 30 minutes for the food to be served, we went down an hour earlier before the stall opens. Saw customers started ordering at around 4.30pm, we went ahead to do the same as well (monkey see, monkey do!).

Dad told me before, the correct and traditional way of eating Claypot rice is to first removed the toppings from the rice, then we poured the black sauce and fragrant oil over the steaming rice, and stirred. This is what you see from the photo above.

After which, I added the toppings back which includes; the chicken, mushrooms, chinese sausages, and choy sum back to the rice and this is the final result you'll get eventually.



I had also included a video to show you how "professional" I'm while mixing the steamed rice with the toppings. However, no obligation to follow. Just do it according to your own preference. *Grinz*

Since we were quite early for the infamous claypot rice, I had a plate of Guo Tie as well. Pretty average I must say.



Golden Mile Claypot Rice
505 Beach Road
#01-65 Golden Mile Food Centre
Tel: (65) 6295 8234
Open: 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Closed: Every Wednesday
TIME: 2043 HRS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home