Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tian Tian Chicken Rice @ Maxwell

Heard so much about this famous chicken rice stall in Singapore, Tian Tian Chicken Rice @ Maxwell, I guess I just gonna' give it a try to see how good it can be.

The chicken was tender and flavourful and the photo that was taken above seemed to be quite "glossy", but in actual its' not so. Main stars of a good Hainanese chicken rice (besides the chicken itself), are the rice and the chilli. Too bad I didn't get to taste the chilli, but the rice was quite fragrant indeed. Each grain coated with savoury chicken broth. It is not too oily and the texture and flavour is just right.

Overall, the chicken rice was quite average I can say. Not as much as what I've expected. Maybe the more I expect, the greater the disappointment is. Nevertheless, will blog on more nicer chicken rice stalls in the future.

Next up, my all-time favourite food - Kway Chap. Also located in Maxwell, but by looking at the signboard it seems like the owner was once selling it Lau Pat Sat. So, let's try!
The appearance wise still looks okie. The chill was quite hot and spicy mann!

Usually I'll order only Tau-Pok and Da Chang (large intestine?) for my Kway Chap. The other items I totally have no interest at all, yet they always charge me the same price. Not quite worth it thou'.

The Tau-Pok didn't really absorb the sauce well and it's quite hard. Guess the owner didn't really cook it for long. Nice Kway Chap's tau-pok should really taste soft with most of the sauce being absorb in it.

As for the "kway", I find it rather rough and thick. Nice ones should be sliced "thinly" and smooth till they can simply slide down from your throat without chewing it at all! The soup wise, not up to my perfection yet. Garlic and herbs' taste wasn't there.

I'm a garlic-freak and cuz' Kway Chap is one my favourite food, the soup is very important for me to determine whether I should visit the stall again. Conclusion, once is good enough.

Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice

Maxwell Food Centre

Stall 10

11am to 8pm

Closed Monday

TIME: 2221 HRS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home