Sunday, October 14, 2007

Phan Viet Deli

Went to try some vietnamese food during lunch time, along my workplace. I had never really try their authentic food like, beef noodles or "rice paper" popiah before. Seems that we ran out of places to eat during lunch, my colleagues suggested this place.

There's not much of a variety though and since it was my first visit to a Viet restaurant, I had the "safest" dish I can think of.

They came with a HUGE bowl of Pho Bo (Sliced Beef & Beef Balls Noodles). Their servings are quite generous too. The very first sip of the soup and I went, "ohhhh-myyy-gooooddd!!!"

Don't under-estimate the soup base that looks clear and dull. Its' so rich and tasteful that you can imagine how many hrs it has been boiling together with the beef and etc.

Apparently, the sliced beef was not as "shiok" as the soup. Just some normal sliced beef where you can also get it from Yoshinoya as well. However, the second credit I'm gonna' give to will be the beef balls. Once again, I went "ohhh-myyyy-gooodddd!!"

Its' totally different from what you usually eat at hawker's stall or typical steamboat restaurants. These vietnamese beef balls are the best! You can see "layers" inside the beef ball and once u chew on it, the "juice" from the ball kinda "spits" out (yaya, I know what you're thinking!).

After the meal, I had a cup of hot jasmine tea to go along with. Kinda' regretted ordering that cuz' I should have try their traditional Vietnamese "Dripping" coffee (photo below was extracted from Kennysia. com). No worries, I can always try that some other day.

Nevertheless, its' a nice lunch we had. And if you're thinking of going there during lunch time, please be there by 12 noon sharp because the queue outside the restaurant is kinda horrendous at that hour. Fortunately, we were smart enough to leave the damn office earlier. *Grinz*

PHAN VIET DELI
80 Robinson Road, Raffles Place
#01-03
S(068898)

TIME: 1440 HRS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home