Sunday, June 22, 2008

Haato - Follow Your Heart

Dinner with the boys one weekend evening and Gerald suggested this place in the west. Very near to all of our areas (even though we went by car), yet the boys are usually the lazy bums.
I had the Smoked Salmon Arrabiata. Simple blend of smoked salmon and onions with "devilishly" (as what they claimed) spicy chilli in tomato herb sauce over pasta.
Pardon me if I had high expectations, the salmon pasta sucks to the core. The Salmon Pasta has made a salmon lover not want to eat salmon for the next three years. The salmon portion was not generous, but I understand that I am paying little for it. The over-powering thick tomato sauce made me felt sick too.

Gerald had the Gyu Teri Don. The Japanese steam rice topped with stir-fried beef, onions, carrots and teriyaki sauce drizzled over it. Serve with miso soup.

I just looked at him while he was eating and I said, "I think the Tze Char's place opposite my house serves better 姜葱牛肉饭." And they laughed. -_-" See Hiong ordered the Seafood Arrabiata. Mixture of prawns, squids and onions with spicy chilli in tomato herb sauce over pasta. As you can see its' very similar to my smoked salmon pasta, nuff' said. Ming had the the same order as Gerald, so I shall not further comment on his part.
Plain Wafer in maple sauce. I can't recall what was the two flavours of the Gelato after that disappointing meal, but I have to say that their Gelato was much better and value for money! The wafer was quite soft and crispy on the outside and the maple sauce never disappoint me once, regardless its' with wafer or hotcakes. Marvellous.

I think that Haato should just relinquish the mains off the menu and just serve their Gelato because the food isn't value-adding. In fact, it degrades Haato's reputation, and getting mediocre food just doesn't help customer retention. If you want to have food at least serve something that taste nice, we understand that the prices are low and that Haato is trying to bring convienience to their customers, but seriously the quality just isn't there. We'd prefer if we only had gelato to start with.

And this statement is so true for Haato, "What You Pay Is What You Get".

5 Ridgewood Close
Unit G1
Tel: 6464 9607 /
Fax: 6464 9507
Opening hrs: Sun - Thurs 11am - 11pm (last order for hot food @ 9.30 & others @ 10.30pm)
Opening hrs: Fri - Sat 11am - 11.30pm (last order for hot food @ 9.30pm & others @ 10.45pm)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home