Sunday, September 28, 2008

Queenstown Poh Pia

Goodness gracious! Its' been ages since I last posted. Held up at work and stuff, I don't even have the time to visit any nice and cheap food stalls for my food blog. Nevertheless, I headed down to my old hometown one of the late afternoon to try the infamous Poh-Pia that everyone claims.

So much so for the great excitement and anticipation for this ultimate local side dish that everyone Singaporeans would have eaten before, it leads me to great disappointment after I saw the miserable Poh-Pia on the dish.

The Poh-Pia skin was extremely dry and thick, the sweet sauce was not even visibly seen to make it moist. Even though this particular stall was featured in AsiaOne as one of 4 best Poh Pia stalls in Singapore, I think its' because they are one of the few to make their own skin. But definitely not the tastiness of their Poh-Pia, =(

It lacks of the crunchy bits (and these little crunchy bits in the Poh-Pia makes a great difference!!) and the tiny egg bits were miserable!

So much for all the anticipation, I would rather vote for the stall in my neighbourhood and the Auntie is more friendly! Nevertheless, if you want to give it a try, here are the following details:-

Queenstown Poh Pia Stall
Blk 40A, Margaret Drive Food Centre, #01-484
97816307
10am-10pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home