Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wan Tou Sek - Cantonese Dim Sum

Before I go into this post, please be prepared of the "not-so-appetising" photos along the way because of the dismantled food that I have done.

First up, 小笼包 (Xiao Long Bao). This is one of the dishes that everyone will order when it comes to Dim Sum.
Utterly disappointed. Good Xiao Long Bao from 斐萃 (Crystal Jade) or 鼎泰峰 (Ding Tai Feng) are all big, juicy and tasty! The hot and steamy buns should be flimsy and full of soup! But for this dish over here, I am just eating another plain pork bun, with only a TINY drop of soup which I can't even hardly taste it at all. Gosh~歇肉烧麦 (Crabmeat Siew Mai).
I don't really fancy siew mai, thus nuting much to comment about. But likewise you can see, the siew mai skin was too dry and tasteless.
鼓汁凤爪 (Phoenix Claws in yellow bean sauce).
Feng zhao is one of my favourite dishes in Dim Sum and I am particularly picky in this area. Once again, I was quite disappointed in this. The garlicky taste wasn't there enough (I need lotsa garlic taste!) and the skin was overly thick and oily. They didn't really braised/ boiled the phoenix claws with the sauce long enough and the skin was still quite hard and fatty. Feels like I'm swallowing down pieces of fatty chicken skin, yikes!
叉烧肠粉 (Char Siew Cheong Fun).
Look at the miserably tiny bits of char siew in the cheong fun skin. *shake head*虾饺 (Prawn dumplings). Except for the big prawn you saw in this photo, the prawn dumpling just taste simple. I cant believe this Wan Tou Sek dim sum stall was so commonly recommended by other food bloggers. When it comes to traditional/ typical Cantonese food, I am an extremely choosy cantonese food fanatic and I can swear to you that this was the worst dim sum stall I have ever been to!!

126 Eating House (Wan Tou Sek)
126 Sims Ave
67464757, 67454869
Open 24 hours daily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home