Monday, December 15, 2008

Travel to Milano, Italy

I am finally back from the freezing fashion city. Kinda proud of myself that I can made this trip a success by taking the flight alone, travelling to the hotel on my own and reaching Coface Italy on time (well, slightly late due to the snow~)!
Usual set of breakfast from Grand Visconti Palace, the 4 stars hotel that I rest my mind and soul in every cold night. Won't be posting much of the hotel photos here since this is my food blog and all photos were already uploaded in facebook. Check 'em out if you're interested. ;)
Fine dinner organised for all the attendees to the Credit Insurance Meeting 2008.
A nice and quiet restaurant with its' door locked when we reached. We had to ring the bell for the restaurant manager to invite us into this private function. Starter for the dinner. Title of the dish not mentioned on the menu. I was too engrossed in the wine and chatting with my colleagues till I can't remember what meat was contained in it. Oh wellz~~
Suro marinato all'olio di zenzero con cous cous, salsa di olive, capperi e limone (Scad pickled in ginger oil with cous cous, olive sauce, capers and lemon).
I wonder why the titles for all the dishes were so long!! Nevertheless, the fish was very fresh and sweet. Capers are also a distinctive ingredient in Sicilian and southern Italian cooking, usually used in pasta salads and meat dishes. A very nice and unique combination to bring out the flavour of the cold and fresh cous cous.
Fusilli casarecci con ragu di pesce, pomodorini disidratati e cime di rapa (Fusilli - homemade spiral-shaped pasta - with fish sauce, dried tomatoes and turnip tops).
Very tasty and nice indeed! I totally love this dish! Fusilli was self-made by the chef and it tasted wonderful, very springy and not starchy. I like the way he tossed it with some olive oil and garlics to make it an "aglio-olio" style and perfectly matched it with the slightly sour tomatoes and big fat tasty prawns.
Risotto Carnaroli allo zafferano con galletto arrosto (Risotto Carnaroli with saffron and roast cockerel).
Stomach was half-way full when this dish came next. Slightly more on the salty side and it wasn't really my kinda food. Risotto tasted like hard green beans which I didn't finished it. Normal preparation for the chicken meat too.
Controfiletto di fassone piemontese alla brace di legna con patate arrosto (Piemontese fassone sirlon - bovine meat - cooked on woodfire with roast potatoes.
Nearly puked when the next dish came up, but since it was a nicely done beef sirlon on the woodfire, bet no one dares to resist it. I love it medium-rare, that some of you might not be able to take the "bloody" taste. The waiter came around pouring some fine red wine to go with the meat. Potatoes were really cooked with woodfire that it almost tasted like a hard piece of charcoal when you put em' in your mouth! Lightly flavoured with some rough salt and boy, it just tasted like potato chips! Hard and crispy! *Giggles*
Piccola degustazione di dolci (Dessert tasting).
Coffee mousse with chocolate chips and topped with a coffee bean. Too sweet for my tooth. I only had a mouthful and thats' about it.
Custard puff. I preferred this. Small and easy to manage with the extremely full stomach. The cream custard ooze out from the puff and its' marvellous.
Fruit cake with whipped cream? I only took a small bite on the cake and viola! I will definitely puked if I forced another mouthful in.
Anyway, a nice and cosy dinner we had with some funny little performances by the Commercial Director of Coface Italy. I love the service brought by the waiter and the restaurant manager (where he even remembers to place the spoon on my left-hand side when he noticed most of the time I used my left hand to eat!). Waiter tends to serve the ladies first and the guys next, which we won't be seeing this kinda table manner in Singapore most of the time.

Lastly, bon appétit for all who reads this post! *Smilez*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home