Friday, November 28, 2008

Back to Hong Kong (Day 2)

Since I missed out Lantau Island the previous time, I am not going to miss this out in my itinerary again. And of cause to be more devoted to 大佛, I expect myself not to even touch any meat before reaching the island. Brunch was settled at Ngong Ping Garden Restaurant that sells both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes to cater for everyone.

罗汉斋 (Vegetarian Luo-han)

酸甜鸡球 (Mock Sweet & Sour Fried Chicken Balls)
杨枝甘露豆腐花 (Mango Pomelo with Sago & beancurd)

Dinner was settled with my HK friends again and we gave them a treat as this shop which I suggested. Managed to read up abit on this shop through some food blogs and the remarks given were quite good.

双拼牛肉云吞细面 (Beef & Wanton Noodles)
Their dumplings are chock full of prawn and black mushroom, which you can see through the thin skins and the beef was sooooo tender!! I liked how each regular serving is a small bowl (which only cost 16 HKD!!) so that you can have it for an in-between-meal snack.
Most Singaporeans think 麥奀雲吞麵世家 (Mak’s Noodles) is the place on Wellington Street, Central to go to, but luckily with my HK friends' picky comments, Mak’s has nothing on this place and the service at Mak’s is just awful and super over-priced to cheat tourists' moolahs (a bowl cost around 38 HKD)!!
And fortunately for 沾仔记, this shop was located just directly opposite Mak's Noodles to fight for the real competition.
Address for 沾仔记: 香港中环威灵顿街98号 (98 Wellington Street, Central. Nearest Exit D)
And after a nice bowl of hot wanton noodles, its' definitely our happy hour time at the "Angmos" favourite hangout place, 兰桂芳 (Lan Kwai Fong) which was just somewhere opposite Wellington Street.

Cheers to 老兰!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home